Pneumatic valve actuators use compressed air as a driving device to open and close the valve. It is an ideal device for remote centralized or individual control of industrial automation pipelines. Its advantages and disadvantages are introduced as follows:
1. The simple internal mechanism is easy to process, maintain and replace, and cheaper than hydraulic actuators and electric actuators
2. Good working environment adaptability, especially in the harsh working environment such as flammable, explosive, dusty, strong magnetism, radiation and vibration.
3. When the load is small, the action and the response is quick.
4. With a large load range, it can be adapted to applications with high torque output;
5. It realizes remote operation and flow adjustment by a limit switch and a positioner;
6. Positive and negative functions, Single-acting pneumatic actuator can return to the preset position by spring after the air source is cut off.
1. Limited control accuracy and anti-deviation ability
2. pneumatic actuators need continuous pressure supply, and the compressibility of air makes the stability of pneumatic actuators slightly worse.
3. In pneumatic devices, it is usually necessary to convert electrical signals into pneumatic signals, and then into electrical signals. The transmission speed is slow, and it is not suitable for complex circuits with too many components.